Quickly install a new module without downloading it first (or using Drush)
So you want to quickly install a new module to a Drupal site? Tired of downloading modules to your local machine and then moving to your site? And you don’t have Drush installed to make this process easier?
In this short post, I’m going to show you how to quickly add a new module to a Drupal site by downloading it or using Drush.
The only prerequisite you need is to have the update module enabled.
- Go to the module page on drupal.org
- Scroll down to the Downloads section at the bottom
- Right click on the tar.gz and Copy Link Address
- On your Drupal site, go to modules and install new module (admin/modules/install)
- In the Install from URL text field, paste in the URL you copied above and click install
- You will end up back on the module list page. Find the module you just installed and enable it.
That is all there is to it.
Get more time saving Drupal tips
I regularly share time-saving tips for building sites with Drupal. Be first to get them
New comments for this tutorial have been turned off.